Founded by Beyond, the Now and Beyond Schools’ Programme enables access to high quality mental health support for young people both in and out of formal educational settings. With school resources at an all time low and more young people being referred to CAMHS than ever before, Beyond hopes to mitigate some of the pressure by enabling access to emergency, tailored short-term mental health support to educational settings.
The Now and Beyond Schools’ Programme provides access to up to £15 000 worth of mental health support from our community of approved local youth mental health and wellbeing providers in our national directory.
As a small charity with limited internal resources, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. You will be notified if your application is successful. In the absence of a response from us, please note that we always revisit existing applications as more funding becomes available. If your setting would like to support our fundraising efforts we’d love to hear from you, please get in touch with email@example.com.
How much can I apply for?
Beyond will enable mental health support that costs up to a maximum of £15,000.
We are prioritising critical interventions that include one-to-one therapeutic support (including creative therapies), teacher training and tailored mental health workshops. In some cases, we will also fund whole-school programmes and other preventative measures. You can check out some of the schools we’ve helped with the Now and Beyond Schools’ Programme here.
Any successful applicant upon reaching the end of their support period can apply for an extension of a maximum of one additional support period.
Who can apply?
- Be a state funded educational setting or an alternative education provider supporting young people aged 25 years and under
- Be based in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
- Be able to illustrate critical budget constraints
- Demonstrate the severe state of their young people’s mental health
This programme is not suitable for:
- Settings applying for capital building projects e.g. refurbishment of buildings, purchase of equipment, land acquisition
- Settings requesting funding to redesign or create new spaces
- Settings requesting funding for bursaries, scholarships, salaries, event costs (including venue hire, refreshments, materials and transport) or sponsorships of any kind
- Settings requesting funding for school equipment, materials or resources
Information you need to supply:
- Name of your school
- Type of educational setting
- Your school’s address
- Your full name, email address and contact number
- Link to your school website
- Why you want to apply for mental health support in your school (up to 1500 characters max)
- Number of students receiving Pupil Premium (%)
- Number of students with SEND/ASN (%)
- Ethnicity of students (tick all that apply)
- Have you participated in any of our Now and Beyond mental health festivals for educational settings?
To apply for the Now and Beyond Schools’ Programme, click here. A member of our team will be in touch with you for an interview if your school is eligible for the programme.